Have you heard of Meerkat or Periscope? Meerkat and Periscope are rival apps that allow you to live stream video from your smartphone to your Twitter followers. It’s predicted to be a great way to generate engagement with followers and further build your Twitter presence.
There are several ways your radio station can take advantage of this great tool and even get some new sales out of the process. Here are some thought starters…
- Live remotes: Video a radio break with a client. (Sales op)
- Tweet a video while backstage at a concert.
- Give listeners a quick tour around your studio.
- Set listening appointments. You probably already do this with text. Have a jock send a short video instead.
- Social contesting: Have listeners tweet videos back to the station for chances to win swag.
To learn more about the live streaming battle take a look at this infographic from See Fit.